Vacations are stressful. They say that having a child, getting married and moving home are the 3 most stressful things you can do. I’m pretty sure that if the list was expanded, planning a vacation would be number 4.
But there are ways to have a stress free vacation. And I don’t mean staying home! Here’s a bunch of tips and tricks to make your holiday go smoothly.
Travel Hacks – De-stress your vacation
- Roll your clothes rather than fold them. You will have more suitcase space and it prevents creases.
- Pack a travel guide. You can’t always guarantee cell service and guides in your language might be hard to come by.
- Take a picture of all your important travel documents with your cell phone. Include plane tickets, boarding passes, passports and booking confirmations.
- Grab yourself a multi travel adaptor.
- When booking, use incognito mode on your browser and clear your cache. Travel sites keep a check on whether you have been there before. If you have, up go the prices.
- Get free wifi at airports.
- Learn the common scams where you are going.
- Planning to use your credit cards abroad? Let your credit card company know. The last thing you need is them thinking the card has been stolen and cancelling it.
Travel Hacks – Apps to use
- Citymapper is available for iOS and Android and allows you to plan your route around a city using public transportation.
- Google Translate (iOS / Android). Great for translating words, phrases and signs in a foreign country.
- Hipmunk is an all in one site for cheap flights, hotels, transport and packages. They also have an app available for Android and iOS.
- PackPoint is a packing app. Answer a few question and it will give you a custom list of things to pack for your destination. Available for Android and iOS.
- Timeout is available for iOS and Android. Quickly and easily discover the best bars, restaurants, sights to see and things to do.
Following these travel hacks should help you to pull off your vacation without a hitch. If there are any you think should be added, let me know in the comments section.