I love my home. It’s exactly as I wanted it to be when I bought it. However, there are always things you can improve upon when it comes to interior design. To that end, I came across this great infographic from vanessaarbuthnott.com which gave me even more ideas for my home! It’s split up into the various different rooms and looks amazing. Below I have put a few of my favorite interior design hacks but if you want to see the whole thing, scroll to the bottom of this post.
- Large square tiles will create a feeling of more space. This is a great tip for those smaller rooms in the house.
- Use spice racks for lotions and hair products. I love this tip! Such a great idea.
- buy cheap hooks for your doors to create hanging space. To add to this, rather than screwing a hook into the door (which is not a great idea if you’re renting), grab yourself some command strips. They do a range of them, for everything from coat hooks to shower caddies. I swear by them.
- Clean your windows with vinegar for a great shine. This one is an old wives trick. To add, my mother in law uses vinegar and old newspaper to wipe it. Swears by it.
- Singleton in a small flat? How about a mezzanine bed? Preserve floor space and let’s face it. Who doesn’t want to sleep up a ladder?
- Hide your router in a hollowed out book cover. Great idea unless you have a really big house with crappy wi-fi coverage. So keep that in mind if you try it!
- Velcro strips are great for holding floor mats and rugs in place.
Check out the wonderful infographic below to learn even more brilliant interior design hacks.