Youtube is a great video platform. Since its inception it has gone on to become the video sharing site. Nothing can hold a candle to it. With over a billion users on the site, it’s got something for everyone. But it can still be a little hard to know how to do everything you want to. For instance, how to you download Youtube videos? Or when you share a video, can you start the link in a certain place. These questions and more are answered below.
- How to start a video from a certain point. This one is really simple. You’ve found a great video that you want to share with friends, but you don’t want them to have to sit through the pre-amble. To start the video from the juicy part, click share as you normally would and look down. There is a box showing a start time. Click it and enter the time you want the video to start. Easy peasy!
- How to download Youtube videos. So you want to download a video? There are extensions you can add to some browsers to help with this. But not on Chrome. Youtube is of course owned by Google. So there is no way they want extensions that allow you to download Youtube videos. Also, extensions can exhibit nefarious behavior, so here’s an easier way to download Youtube videos. All you have to do is add ss into the url after the www. of the video. So, for example – www.youtube.com would become www.ssyoutube.com. Press enter once you have entered the ss and you will be taken to a site where you can download youtube videos without any hassle.
- Get the video transcript. Need the transcript for the video? Click more and then transcript. Simple.
- But what about downloading audio? Don’t worry we have you covered there too. Following on from the above advice, to download audio as MP3’s from Youtube, instead of adding ss to the url, add listento instead. So, for an example, www.youtube.com would become www.listentoyoutube.com. You can now download audio to your heart’s content!
- Bypass the age restriction settings. Want to watch an age restricted video without having to go through the hassle of having to sign in? As above, add nsfw to the url and press enter. So, www.youtube.com would become www.nsfwyoutube.com.
- Play a video on loop. Want to play a video on a loop? Easy! Right click the video to bring a context menu up and then click loop. Done!
- Play all videos from a channel. Love a certain channel and want all their videos to play? To do so, open up one of their videos and the then add &list=UL to the end. Congratulations! You can now watch back to back episodes from sun up till sun down.
- Watch videos blocked in your country. This is a real pet peeve of mine. Not being able to watch a video because of my geographical location. I understand why they block it, but it’s still annoying. To get around this restriction, here’s what you do. In the url, replace the tube with pak. So www.youtube.com becomes www.youpak.com. Now you can watch whichever videos you want.
- Create a gif from a video. There are url changes to do this, but there is a better way. One where you get a high quality gif that lasts between 5 and 15 seconds. The method? Use imgur’s video to gif function. It’s a really simple process. All you do is paste a Youtube url in and choose the part you want to turn into a gif. Then share it with whoever you want. And if you want to download it? Right click it and download.
Thats it! Our round-up of Youtube hacks and tricks. Think we missed any? Let us know in the comments below!.