This article comes from an askreddit thread and showcases our favorite internet tricks. It encompasses fun website tricks, shortcuts and a whole host more. Share your favorites in the comments below!
17 People Share Their Favorite Internet Tricks
1. To clear your cache quickly (great for resetting web pages that only allow a certain amount of views) press CTRL + SHIFT + R.
2. Go to DasKeyboard.com and scroll alllll the way down. Find the destroy this site link and click it. You won’t regret it.
3. Trying to browse Reddit at school or work but certain subreddits are blocked? Add a + sign to the end of the url. This incidentally also allows you to combine subreddits together.
4. The Wadsworth Constant. This proposes that you can skip the first 30% of any instructional Youtube video without missing any relevant content. Surprisingly accurate!
5. CTRL + W closes the current tab. Great for if you get caught watching something you shouldn’t. You should also know that CTRL + SHIFT + T reopens the last tab closed.
6. Holding down CTRL moves your cursor a whole word, rather than a letter at a time. CTRL + Backspace deletes the entire previous word. CTRL +Arrow Keys will jump to the start of the next word.
7. Want to do a quick reverse image search? Hold S and click the image (Chrome Only).
8. Need to control more than one pc with just a single mouse and keyboard? Use Mouse Without Borders from Microsoft.
9. When viewing picture based subreddits, add a p into the url like this redditp.com/r/pictures to get a picture slideshow.
10. Watch the entirety of Star Wars: A New Hope entirely in ASCII. Go to Start. Type telnet and press Enter. In the following command prompt window, type “o” without quotes and press Enter. Now type “towel.blinkenlights.nl” without the quotes and press Enter. Apparently, half way through there could be a rick roll but let’s face it, you’re not gonna watch it that far, are you?
11. Add www. and .com to addresses in the url bar quickly by pressing CTRL + ENTER.
12. Gmail ignores dots in your address. So you can create several address using the same one, like this: [email protected], [email protected] Great if you need to sign up for something more than once. Also great if you want to track different sign ups and whether they are sending spam your way.
13. Go to Google and search for Do A Barrel Roll. Click the top link and have fun. Loads of other special Google stuff at the top too.
14. Not in America but want their search results? Go to www.google.com/ncr (no country redirect). Get the most relevant results.
15. Click a link with the scroll wheel to open it in a new tab. Also works if you hold down CTRL while you click.
16. To quickly open up an incognito window, press SHIFT + CTRL + N.
17. Go directly to task manager with CTRL + SHIFT + ESC. Much quicker than CTRL + ALT + DELETE.