It’s getting closer to that time again. Yes, Summer is almost here! So to that end, let’s not get caught out again and have to wear horrible, heavy dour clothes on the beach. Instead let’s get beach ready with a quick and easy to do bodyweight fitness routine. All you need to do to complete it is give up 30 minutes of your time, 3 times a week. No weights or special training gear are needed and all the exercises can be done by complete beginners too. So whether you’re on the road or at home, you have no excuses!
Oh yeah, don’t forget to look after what you eat too! You know the old saying, you can’t outrun a bad diet. You don’t get to show off abdominal muscles by eating fries!
So before we start on the exercises, head over to myfitnesspal, input your details and commit to tracking your calories for the next four weeks. After all, it’s worth it to feel and look great with your beach ready body.
Done it? Great, let’s get onto the routine then. And for ease of use, there is a handy “cut out and keep” guide at the bottom.
Four Week Beach Ready Workout
This routine is designed to be completed 3 times a week and should take you no more than 30 minutes to do.
1. Bodyweight Squats: 3 sets of 15 repetitions. Keep good form and don’t rush! If you haven’t done these before or are coming back after an extended break, you’ll feel these in your glutes the next day!
2. Plank. 3 sets of 1 (hold for as long as you can). Amazing for your core and stability. Looks deceptively easy but will leave you shattered!
3. Push Ups. 3 sets of 10 or as many as you can manage. Hold your hands shoulder width apart, go down as deep as you can and then return to your starting position while keeping your head up and looking forward. Brilliant exercise for your upper body and arms.
4. Sit Ups. 3 sets of as many as you can manage. Another great core movement. Keep your reps slow and steady to really feel the burn!
5. Standing Calf Raises. 3 sets of 25 reps. You will feel the burn in the backs of your calves doing these! For extra brownie points, vary the speed (15 slow – 10 fast) and really feel the pain!
6. Lunges. 3 sets of 12 (each leg). Tighten those thighs and glutes with lunges! It’s also great for your core too!
7. Star Jumps. 3 sets of as many as possible. Let’s finish strong! Star jumps are great exercises and will really get your heart pounding! Giving you that fat burning boost!
Keep this workout plan handy and get yourself beach ready in no time!