Coconut oil is amazing. It’s health benefits are well-known. It’s high in natural saturated fats that help increase your HDL levels. HDL is also knows as your healthy cholesterol. By doing this, coconut oil helps to lower your chances of heart disease. But there are loads of other coconut oil uses that you should try too. And to help you out, we have listed 41 of them below.
41 Coconut Oil Uses You Should Try
1. Moisturizer. Seriously. It can help to heal your skin. And don’t worry about it feeling “oily”. That feeling goes away after a minute as it dries.
2. Conditioner. Coconut oil helps to repair and smooth your hair ends, the part where it’s hardest for your bodies own natural oils to reach.
3. As a substitute to coffee creamer. Creamer is high in calories and unhealthy in the long-term. Coconut oil, used sparingly, can give you the same sweet taste without all the health negatives.
4. Body Scrub. Melt some coconut oil down and stir in a little brown sugar. Allow to set in a mold (use a muffin tin) and then go to town on your skin in the shower.
5. Massage oil. The smell is amazing and the coconut is great for your skin. How many more excuses do you need for a massage?
6. Help with a cough. Cough medicine should never be taken if you are coughing up phlegm. But a little coconut oil will help to ease the irritation.
7. Stretch Marks. Coconut oil is amazing for the skin. Using it daily will help you to prevent stretch marks as you age.
8. Improve your circulation. This goes back to the first paragraph and coconut oils ability to help your good cholesterol. Consuming coconut oil internally will bring your health levels to a new high.
9. Dandruff reducer. Dandruff can be caused by a fungal infection. The use of coconut oil 2 -3 times a week will help to reduce it.
10. Got heartburn? Take a teaspoon of coconut oil to help coat your stomach and stop the burning.
11. Add lustre to your dog’s coat. Give two teaspoons a day to dogs under 30 pounds and one tablespoon a day to dogs over 30 pounds to improve their skin and coat.
12. lubricate a bicycle chain. Don’t want oil or WD40 everywhere? Try using coconut oil instead.
13. Clean make up brushes. Make up brushes can be expensive and fragile. Keep them in tip-top shape by melting a little oil in a glass and dipping the brush in. Then use a paper towel to gently remove the gunk.
14. Lawn Mower Blades. A quick wipe with coconut oil will stop your blades from jamming or getting gunked up with grass.
15. Grease your pans. No healthier oil to use.
16. Got noisy door hinges? Go to town with the coconut oil.
17. Rust removal. Add a thin layer of coconut oil to the offending item and leave for 2 hours before wiping away.
18.Reduce wrinkles. Used daily, coconut oil increases your collagen performance, meaning firmer skin.
19. Sun Screen. Sounds counter-intuitive but applying coconut oil between sunscreen re-applications is good for you. Coconut oil has a mild SPF of around 6.
20. Detangler. This could be your hair, it could be a chain. You get my drift.
21. The antifungal properties of coconut oil are great for treating athlete’s foot.
22. Sore throat? Melt coconut oil with a little honey and take 3 times a day for an amazingly effective recipe.
23. Metal polish. I always used to use olive oil on metals, but coconut oil is even better!
24. Soften dry skin areas. I’m sure I don’t need to give instructions on this one!
25. Constipated? Take a tablespoon of coconut oil in the morning before you eat anything else. For bad cases, take 2 tablespoons.
26. Bags under your eyes? Coconut oil can help reduce the puffiness. Every night, rub a little oil under your eyes before bed.
27. Stress relief. Add coconut oil to essential oils and dab on the back of your neck or your temples for stress relief.
28. Bath Oil. Coconut oil helps to soften your water and in turn, your skin too. It also has a great smell to help you de-stress and enjoy your soak.
29. Mix peppermint essential oils with coconut oil for an amazing vapor rub. Great for colds and sniffles.
30. Bath cleaner. Soap grime will wipe right off after you attack it with coconut oil.
31. Shaving cream. I convinced my partner to try this and he was a little skeptical at first. Now he uses nothing else!
32. Diaper cream. Coconut oil is a great natural remedy to an irritated bottom on a little one.
33. Leather Polishing. Use a little oil and a soft cloth.
34. Smelly chopping boards? Use a little coconut oil as a conditioner. Rub in with a dry cloth and leave for 15 minutes. It can also be used as wood polish in other area’s of your home.
35. Lip Balm. Pretty obvious this one.
36. Cuticle and Nail care. Rub a little oil into your cuticles and nails to aid repair and healthy growth.
37. Nipple cream. The agony of cracked or chaffed nipples can be reduced with a little coconut oil. Use when needed.
38. Prevent head lice. Dip a comb in coconut oil and run through your children’s hair to give a natural lice repellant.
39. Toast topper. It taste amazing spread on your bread.
40. Add a little to your toothpaste. With the antibacterial action inherent in coconut oil, adding a little to your toothpaste should help with your teeth and gum health.
41. Wound healing. Coconut oils antifungal and antibacterial properties makes it similar to honey in this respect. Mixing the two together will give you supercharged healing!
There we have it. 41 coconut oil uses you should try out. Are there any that we have missed? Have your say below.